So what do you want first the good news or the bad?
The bad news is that this site is closing down in the next few days..
But, but, but….wait for it
The good news is you can simply head over to www.toofattorun.co.uk (our all singing all dancing new site) and find all of the old blog posts plus a whole heap of other amazing stuff created with you in mind.
This (the orignial) blog was created in 2010 when I was just starting to dip my toe into the blogging and plus size running communities, and now four years on and my life has been absolutely transformed by both, so the closing of this site marks a significant moment in that history, but it is necessary as at the moment my audience is splitting its time between both sites, and the new one is more sexy – its as simple as that.
So what exactly does the new site have?
- About me – a bit of background about how I got into all of this, how you can book me to speak, my ebooks, my diary (see where I am racing next) and a sprinkling of press clippings
- A comprehensive beginners area – with how to get started & safety advice, info about volunteering, an introduction to HAES (health at every size) and an essential kit list
- Get involved area – with loads of free and paid for initatives, campaigns and challenges, including details of our amazing #FatGirlRunClinic retreats and our Kit that Fits campaign – oh and who could forget #onebigfatrun which saw more than 300 participants this month.
- The Blog – what more can I say about this? a fully categorised back catalogue of more than 250 blog posts from the last 4 years
- The Shop – woohoo you can now buy “Too Fat to Run” merchandise including hoodies, tshirts and technical race vests (and we ship internationally too now)
- Nutrition – a collection of blog posts that deal with the issue of food, healthy eating and the issues I continue to have with nutrition, we will be having a number of guest blog posts over the coming weeks in this area.
The Clubhouse – this is our unique virtual running club which will be launching next month with all kinds of special offers, coaching, support, advice and downloadable resources
So as you can see it is all going on.
But I am a little worried that I am loosing some of you guys. I have initiatied a new communication system which requires you to sign up to get my blog posts sent to you direct as well as a monthly update, and after this site goes down there will be no way of directing them to you (or communicating in anyway) if you do not sign up.
As a little incentive I have even created a downloadable monthly planner for you to print out and pin to your fridge so really guys, do please sign up so I don’t lose you all. Its simple you just need to go to the homepage and click on the calender icon (please remember to respond to your email request and don’t forget to actually download and svae your planner)
The Fat Girls Guide to Running has entered a new phase in its life, but it will never forget where it came from or all of those individuals that were with me from the start, sharing and commenting on blog posts and generally giving me the encouragement to keep going when it all got a little tough.
It sure has been an exciting ride so far.
Finally – This month we have been running an offer on our “Too Fat to Run” merchandise and if you place an order on anything before midnight tonight (ie before August hits) you will get a free “I Follow the Fat Girls Guide to Running” tote bag worth £5.
So check out the shop and put your order in ASAP.
I know a lot of people are.
There are a whole heap of other ways you can get involved to support this initiative, the best way of course is to spread the mesasage via social media or good old fashioned word of mouth. You can become an ambassador and help make things happen on the ground in your area. But also take a few minutes to think about who you know of influence, can you hook me up with a speaking opportunity, or a publisher, agent, business partner, brand…blah, blah, blah.
The new website looks all shiny and new, with tons of free stuff for this awesome community but ultimately I have to make this venture a commercial success, and you guys can really help me get there!!
Over and out xxxx
Tell the world about this:
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)